Friday, July 10, 2009

Research?

I've been thinking about how we form, store and recall our memories recently. Don't know where to begin in designing experiments though. I had thought that neurons could undergo mitosis, but wikipedia says they don't. This is my attempt at writing down thoughts so that I don't lose them. Apparently, some neurons are continuously replaced throughout one's lifetime though I need to read up on this a little bit more. I wonder if there is a physical cause for a sudden loss of memory. Could memory be tied to the structure and connectivity of the neurons in our brains? No idea. Need to read more and jot down something more than speculation someday.

Made some polyacrylamide gels today to seed neural progenitor cells on. Still remember most of the steps. Being away for a month in Texas had me worried that I might forget a lot. Starting to get excited about the opportunities for research that I have, but I keep getting bogged down by the biology course that I'm taking in which I am determined to do well in.


1 comment:

Grace: said...

I don't understand this post :( lol